Useful phrases in english: get a move on, held up, upside down/ right side up, stuck in traffic

Get a move on - go faster




-The movie is going to start soon. Let's get a move on or we'll be late.


-We have to get a move on if we want to finish by Wednesday.


Tied up - busy doing something that you can't stop

-I'm tied up now, but I'll be free in an hour.


Held up - delayed

-Sorry. I was help up a meeting.

-I was held up at the airport for two hours!

-I got home at 10 o'clock last night/ I was held up at the office doing paperwork.



Upside down/ right side up -whit the top at the bottom/ with the top pat at the top



-If you are reading this your pizza is upside down.

-Look! That picture is upside down. You hung it the wrong way.

-There's a cake in this box. Please make sure the box is right side up.


Stuck in traffic - in a traffic jam




-You aren't stuck in traffic. You are traffic.
-Sorry I'm late. I was stuck in traffic for an hour.
-There's no point in driving downtown during rush hour. You'll be stuck in traffic.



No comments:

Post a Comment