- Learn Vocab
- Speak English Fast By Thinking In English
- Learn Grammar Like A Child, Not By Studying Grammar Rules
- Learn 3-5 Times Faster Using New Learning Techniques
- And More….
|English Listening Online Links|
- ESL News New Zealand Stories and News spoken in slow, clear English with a New Zealand accent. Great for academic English.
- Breaking News English Ready-to-use ESL/EFL lessons with listenings. Uploaded daily.
- English Trailers Watch movie clips and practice English at the same time.
- English Bites Excellent video programfrom Australia with transcripts and vocabulary exercises.
- Mr Stout's Blog A cool blog from an English teacher about current events for students. Contains authentic media (audio and video).
- Randall's ESL Cyber Listening Lab Free site, with over 150 audio and video activities to help English learners improve their listening comprehension.
- Lingual Net Learn English by watching movies. Each movie comes with a built-in quiz.
- Stone Soup Children reading theirstories online. Great fun!
- BBC Learn English A good place to learn British English .
- Voice Of America Special English A good place to hear simple news in English .
- English Ryan Fellow English teacher's free site with audio passages, video and downloadable lessons.
- Brain Pop A good video site to learn about many things in English.
- www.manythings.org A fun study site for students of English as a Second Language.
- American English Pronunciation Practice A fun page to practice pronunciation.
- BBC British Broadcasting Corporation Audio news and programming from Britain.
- NPR National Public Radio Audio news and programming from the United States.
- Radio Canada International Audio news and programming from Canada.
- ABC Radio Australia Audio news and programming from Australia.
- This American Life Todd's favorite radio program from America.
- BBC Video Nation A very cool video program of people in the U. K.
- The Daily Show Video of a funny news show from America.
- The History Channel / Speeches Audio of famous speeches in history.
- Dramatic Movies
- Horror Movies
- Beverly Hillbillies
- You Bet Your Life
- Lucy Show
- Burns and Allen Show
- Action Movies
- Robin Hood
- Comedy Movies
- Trouble With Father
- Martial Arts Movies
- Alfred Hitchcock Presents
- Three Stooges
- Jack Benny Show
Quizzes, tests, exercises and puzzles to help you learn English as a Second Language (ESL). This project of The Internet TESL Journal (iteslj.org) has thousands of contributions by many teachers.
Global Warming (Global Climate Change) is a scientific proposal that the Earth's average atmospheric temperature is currently warming up due to increasing levels of Greenhouse Gases and/or other factors.
This page is based on a brief synopsis of the 2007 Fourth Assessment Report (AR4) by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), as well as NCDC's own data resources. It was prepared by David Easterling and Tom Karl, National Climatic Data Center, Asheville, N.C. 28801.
Comparison table for City & Guilds IESOL & ISESOL , Trinity ESOL, Cambridge ESOL and IELTS examinations
|QCA NQF||CEFR Level||Trinity ISE||Trinity ESOL Skills for Life||Trinity ESOL for Work||Cambridge ESOL||IELTS|
|Entry 1||A1||A1||-||Entry 1||-||-||-|
|Entry 2||A2||A2||ISE 0||Entry 2||-||KET||3.0|
|Entry 3||B1||B1||ISE I||Entry 3||Entry 3||PET|
|Level 1||B2||B2||ISE II||Level 1||Level 1||FCE|
|Level 2||C1||C1||ISE III||Level 2||-||CAE|
|Level 3||C2||C2||ISE IV||-||-||CPE||7.5|
- Oxford http://webcast.oii.ox.ac.uk/
- MIT http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/audio-video-courses/
- Yale http://www.youtube.com/ http://oyc.yale.edu/
- UCLA http://bruincast.ucla.edu/
- Berkeley http://webcast.berkeley.edu/courses.php
- Princeton http://www.princeton.edu/ http://hulk03.princeton.edu
City & Guilds ISESOL B1 Achiever Level english speaking tests
City & Guilds ISESOL B2 Communicator Level english speaking tests
City & Guilds ISESOL C2 Mastery Level english speaking tests